Make this easy and delicious Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad and impress all of your friends and family this holiday season. It’s full of flavor, nutritious, and will change the way you think about salads forever.
- 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
- For the chickpeas: Preheat to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients for the chickpea croutons and mix until well combined. Pour the seasoned chickpeas onto the baking sheet and spread them out into a single layer. Place them into the oven and bake for 45 minutes, mixing halfway through. Remove from the oven and cool completely before serving.
- As they cook, prepare the vegan caesar dressing if you have not already done so. Set aside.
- For the Brussels sprouts: Preheat to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Finely shave the Brussels sprouts with a mandolin or a sharp knife, removing and discarding the thick bottom stems. Add the Brussels sprouts to the baking sheet and spread them out. Drizzle them with the avocado oil and then using your hands or tongs, toss to coat. Spread them out into a single layer and place them into the oven to roast for 10 minutes, mixing halfway through. Cool completely.
- To a large bowl, add in the chopped romaine, vegan parmesan cheese, and cooled Brussels sprouts. Toss to combine. Drizzle it with the dressing as desired and toss to combine. Lastly, top it with black pepper, the crunchy chickpea croutons and powdered vegan parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
- If you would like to make this nut free, you can use 1/2 cup plain hummus or even 1/2 cup vegan mayo in place of the cashews in the dressing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side, Thanksgiving
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Salad, Side, Thanksgiving, Oven, Brussels, Caesar, Holiday