This easy apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe is the perfect autumn-inspired breakfast. Cinnamon-spiced caramelized apples and hearty oats make this a dreamy fall breakfast everyone will love.
- 1 apple, diced small
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Big pinch of salt
- Splash of maple syrup
- Chopped walnuts or pecans, for serving
- To a small-sized pan over medium heat, add the vegan butter
- Once the butter has melted, add the diced apples and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook the apple for 6-8 minutes, or until the liquid has cooked off and the apples have softened.
- Remove the apples from heat and stir in the lemon juice and vanilla.
- To a small pot, add in the water and almond milk. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the rolled oats, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, pinch of salt, and a splash of maple syrup. Mix through and reduce the heat to low. Cover with a tilted lid and simmer for about 8 minutes or until tender and thick.
- Once the oatmeal is soft, transfer it to a bowl and top it with the cooked. Finish it off with any additional topping of choice and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: breakfast, vegan, apple, cinnamon, sweet, oats, oatmeal, gluten-free