Learn how to make the easiest creamy vegan mac and cheese with just one-pot and less than 30 minutes of your time!
- 2 3/4 cup unsweetened oat milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) elbow noodles (or noodles of chocie)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded vegan cheese of choice (we used Violife Cheddar)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Spruce it up with
- Garlic powder
- Mustard powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Add the oat milk to a pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add in the pasta and lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer until the noodles are cooked through and absorb all of the liquid, about 10 minutes, stirring often so the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once the pasta is cooked, remove it from heat and add in the remaining 1/4 cup of oat milk along with the vegan cheese. Mix until the cheese has fully melted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Add additional seasonings as desired. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is meant to be a 3-ingredient base for you to build off of! We suggest adding some of the optional seasonings to give it that extra oomph.
- This recipe was adapted from Budget Bytes.
- We like to use elbow macaroni for this mac and cheese to keep things classic. You can use any shape of pasta that you prefer, or have available. If you want to make this recipe gluten-free, just opt for GF pasta and boom!
- Shreds, block cheese, or even slices will work for this recipe. We like to use cheddar-style cheese, but mozzarella works well also. If you are using a block or slices, you will need to grate the cheese beforehand. We recommend using Follow Your Heart, Miyoko’s, or Violife.
- As long as the milk is unsweetened, you can use oat, soy, almond, or any other dairy-free milk that you prefer.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree, Pasta
- Method: One Pot
Keywords: one pot, mac and cheese, pasta, 3-ingredient, 30 minute