Learn how to make this simply delicious vegan breakfast potato hash. It is full of flavor and made with easy-to-find ingredients you may already have in your fridge and pantry.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 medium (400g) Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped vegan breakfast sausage (we used Beyond Meat)
- 1/2 can (8 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 heaping cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, or as desired
- Salt and pepper, as desired to taste
- Finely chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Toasted bread
- Wash and dice the potatoes into a 1/2″ cubes. Add them into a medium pot and cover them with water. Bring the pot to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in the cubed potatoes and spread them out into an even later. Cook for about 4-5 minutes without stirring, or until browned.
- Add in the onions garlic, bell peppers, vegan sausage, and old bay, and continue cooking until the potatoes are cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Mix in the kale and black beans. Allow it to cook for 2 more minutes or until the kale has softened and the beans have warmed.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro or parsley and avocado, along with a side of toasted bread. Enjoy!
- The nutrition facts for this recipe do not take into consideration the optional vegan sausage and salt + pepper to taste.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: breakfast, potato, bell pepper, onion, skillet, easy, vegan sausage, old bay seasoning