This easy garlic aioli is the perfect spread to take your sandwiches to the next level! It’s made with just 4 simple ingredients and ready in about 5 minutes.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare garlic paste: Peel and finely mince the garlic. Sprinkle the garlic with a bit of salt and then using your knife, gather the garlic together into a pile. Holding the blunt side of your knife with both hands at a slight angle, drag the sharp side of the blade across the garlic, so that it presses and flattens the garlic. Work the garlic back into a pile and repeat the process for about 1-2 minutes, or until you’ll have a thick and smooth paste. You can also do this with a mortar and pestle instead if you have one. Check out this blog post if you need additional help.
- Transfer the garlic into a medium-sized bowl along with the remaining ingredients and mix until uniform.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and enjoy!
- If you can, allow it to chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving so that the flavors infuse.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Keywords: Mayonnaise, Condiment, Gluten-free, Vegan, Aioli, Garlic