Redefine breakfast with these delicious no-bake fall peanut butter breakfast bars. These bars require 8 simple ingredients and are perfect for both meal prep and for meals on the go. Plus, they are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free!
- 2 cups (350g) pitted medjool dates* (see notes)
- 2/3 cup (71g) organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup smooth unsalted peanut butter* (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt* (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (32g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons (24g) dried cranberries
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. We used a 6 cup Pyrex dish measuring 2 x 8 x 6 inches
- To a food processor, add in the dates and oats. Process on high until finely chopped and uniform.
- Add in the peanut butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Process until well combined, scraping down the sides if needed. You’ll know it’s ready when the dough sticks together when pressed between your thumb and pointer finger. If the dough does not, blend 1 tablespoon of water in at a time until it reaches that consistency.
- Lastly, add in the pumpkin seeds and cranberries and pulse them into the mixture just until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking dish and spread it out evenly into the dish, pressing it down while doing so. We suggest using a wet spatula to do this to prevent sticking.
- Cover the dish and place it into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from the dish and cut into bars or squares. We cut ours into 8 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
- If your dates are not soft, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes, Drain before using.
- If you are using salted peanut butter, you can omit the additional 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the recipe.
- If you happen to be allergic to peanuts, you can always sub the peanut butter for almond butter or cashew butter. If you are allergic to nuts altogether, you can always sub the nut butter for sunflower seed butter.
- Feel free to sub out the seeds and dried fruit according your taste preferences, but this is our favorite way to make them.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Fall
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free