Learn how to make a matcha latte at home! This recipe is easy, vegan, requires just 3-ingredients and will be ready in about 5 minutes.
- 1 cup oat milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)*
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons ceremonial grade matcha powder (or to taste)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted*
- Heat up the oat milk and the dates either in a microwave for 2 minutes or on the stove until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Add the warmed oat milk and dates into a high-speed blender along with the matcha. Blend on high for about 1 minute to ensure that the dates are broken down and the drink is frothy.
- Transfer to a large cup and enjoy!
- We love to use oat milk for this as we feel it yields the best result in both flavor and texture but feel free to experiment with plant based milks of your choice. Store bought nut milk will work but since it tends to be very thin it will result in a runnier latte.
- The quality of matcha will really bring the drink to the next level. We recommend ceremonial grade matcha over culinary grade matcha as it is the highest quality green tea powder available. A ceremonial grade is intended to be consumed straight whereas culinary (lower) grade matcha is specifically blended for use with other ingredients in recipes for food and beverages (it is great for baking).
- The dates are definitely a must because matcha on its own is a bit bitter, so it helps balance the flavors out nicely. If you prefer a different sweetener, go for it! A liquid sweetened would go well in this too, just add a little at a time to figure out what tastes best.
- We suggest warming the dates up with the milk to ensure that the end result is not chunky as this will soften them up and make them easier to blend.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Date-Sweetened, Sugar-Free
Keywords: Beverages, Vegan, Date-Sweetened, Sugar-Free, Matcha, Latte, Green Tea