This post is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
With summer in full swing, we thought it would be appropriate to share our take on a classic cobbler recipe. Not just any cobbler though, blueberry peach cobbler!You heard that right, we decided to bring traditional peach cobbler to the next level by veganizing it and adding some fresh blueberries. The result was magical and we can’t wait for you to try it! The tartness from the blueberries mixed with the sweetness of the peaches makes for the perfect flavor combination.
This blueberry peach cobbler is the perfect sweet treat to bring along to your next summer outing, picnic, barbecue, or even just dessert at home.What the heck is whole wheat pastry flour? Bob’s Red Mill has a whole blog post on whole wheat pastry flour, and here are a few snippets to help you learn more!
Many people ask how whole wheat pastry flour is different from whole wheat flour. The answer is simple: whole wheat pastry flour is milled from soft white wheat, whereas regular whole wheat flour is milled from hard red wheat. It has a lower protein content than regular whole wheat flour and it makes wonderfully tender whole grain baked goods. It is not nearly as heavy as regular whole wheat flour and has a lighter flavor as less protein means softer flour. Do not, however, be fooled into thinking you can use pastry flour for bread baking. You’ll be sadly disappointed.If you would like to check out this 100% stone ground whole wheat pastry flour + more of Bob’s Red Mill, you can use our code “SSV20” for 20% off their site!Print
A traditional peach cobbler brought to the next level with the addition of fresh blueberries and 100% plant-based ingredients. The perfect summer dessert ready in about an hour!
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and oil a 10” cast iron skillet or medium baking dish of choice.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the filling by combining the peaches blueberries, sugar cornstarch, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt. Once everything is uniform, transfer the mixture to the cast iron skillet or baking dish of choice and evenly distribute. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, use a standing mixer or a handheld mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until uniform.
- Add the dough on top of the filling and evenly distribute. Sprinkle the top with additional sugar. Using a spray bottle, party brush or even your hands, spritz a bit of water over top to moisten the sugar.
- Place into the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top of cobbler is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and serve warm. We like it with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.
- You can use all-purpose flour instead of the whole wheat pastry flour.
Keywords: Summer, Dessert, Cobbler, Vegan
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!