Get ready for vegan gold– you’re going to want to put this Vegan Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Sauce on everything. It is decadent, creamy, cheesy, and packed with the perfect amount of spice!
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Black pepper to taste, if desired
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and place the potatoes, carrots, and cashews in once boiling. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Serve with your favorite crackers and veggies as a dip or use it as a cheese sauce over baked potatoes, french fries, steamed broccoli, etc.!
- If you have leftovers, store them in a sealed airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make this recipe nut-free, you can use 1/2 cup of great northern white beans or cannellini beans in place of the cashews, and a nut-free plant-based milk of your choice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes