These pumpkin chickpea chocolate chip cookies are perfectly sweet, easy to make and are gluten, oil, refined sugar-free. Kids love them, too!
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp of chia seeds + 3 tbsps water)*
- 12 soft pitted medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 mins then drained)
- 1 can cooked unsalted chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (roughly ground in recipe)
- 1/2 of cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1–1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Mix the chia seeds with the water and allow it to sit for 15 mins to thicken.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor, until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (in that bowl or in another if easier).
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized rounds onto a baking sheet and flatten them out to about 1/3″ thick.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes.
- Cool then dig in.
- Recipe adapted from my Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- You can use a flax egg in place of the chia egg. Just use 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsps water.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan