- 2 cans young green jackfruit (unsweetened)
- 4 tbs liquid smoke
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil or unrefined coconut oil
- 2 tbs pure organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp unsulphured molasses
- 1/2–1 tsp ground black pepper (depending on spice preference)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp himalayan pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Open, drain and rinse the jackfruit. Dry between 2 clean towels.
- Slice thin, as evenly as possible. A mandoline slice is perfect to use. The jackfruit may become stringy or break apart, but that is okay. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients. whisk together until uniform, then toss in the jackfruit. Mix until all of the jackfruit is coated. Cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and evenly distribute on the baking sheets. U sed all 3, but you may use less depending on the thickness of your jackfruit. Save the remaining marinade for dressing or more bacon.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through. In the final half, check up on it from time to time as it may burn easily.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Original Recipe from Vedged Out.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Sides
- Cuisine: Vegan