- 5 oz dried chickpeas OR 1-15 oz. can organic organic no salt added chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons organic coconut palm sugar (I use Better Body Foods)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dried: Place chickpeas in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow them to soak overnight, or about 12 hours. Drain and transfer to a large cooking pot. Cover them with twice their amount in water and bring to a boil. Cover and allow to simmer for approximately one hour. (Taste test to be sure they are cooked.) Drain and cool for 15 minutes.
- Canned: Drain and rinse under running water for 1 minute
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line one baking sheet and drain the chickpeas.
- Place into a bowl and toss with all of the ingredients.
- Pour the chickpeas evenly over the baking sheet and place into the oven and for 40 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool for 15 minutes.
If you would like to remove the outer “skin, flatten the chickpeas out and roll them against a flat surface. I’ve read that the outer “skin” sometimes burns whilst roasting, but I personally have never had this problem.
Once the chickpeas are cooled (if made from dry), you can keep them covered in the refrigerator for three days or freeze in an airtight container for a month.
If the chickpeas are not sweet or cinnamon-y enough, add more of either to taste after cooling 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan