Get ready for an easy, hearty, and vegan protein-packed meal that you can put together in just 30 minutes! This Rice Cooker Pasta w/ Lentils is definitely going to change the game– who knew that you could make pasta in the rice cooker?!This recipe is inspired by Jasmine’s mom. Every week she puts together a big batch of legumes for the family and one of those was her famous tomatoey lentils! I asked her for the recipe because I just had to share it with you all here on the blog and it turned out to be one of the simplest recipes I’ve made. We adapted it to create a pasta sauce and voila, our rice cooker pasta was born! If anyone is interested in our rice cooker, it is from the brand Vita Clay. This post is not a sponsored post but we did get sent a cooker to try out and we have had great results with it and would highly recommend it! It is not only a rice cooker but it also a slow cooker, digital steamer, and yogurt maker. You can use the code “vegan10” for a discount 🙂
This recipe is made in conjunction with our healthy eating challenge we are doing for the month of January– have you joined along? It is never too late to join, and we encourage you to join our facebook group as it as made this month of healthy eating so much easier with a supportive community! It’s been such a fun experience to see everyone’s delicious meals on #SSVhealthy 2018 🙂Jasmine and I also put together a Vegan Spanish Rice and Beans (above) as another rice cooker meal for you to try out! It is easy, hearty, and you can have ready in just 35 minutes, including prep time! It is guaranteed to hit the spot 😉 You can check out the recipe here. Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!Print
Hearty Rice Cooker Pasta w/ Lentils
Get ready for an easy, hearty, and vegan protein-packed meal that you can put together in 30 minutes– our Rice Cooker Pasta w/ Lentils is definitely going to change the game.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (we recommend the low-sodium and oil-free Engine 2 brand)
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 25 oz. oil-free marinara (we used the Whole Foods Market 365 brand)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnish with (optional):
- Fresh basil
- Cashew parmesan cheese
- Add all of the ingredients into your rice cooker pot and mix thoroughly until uniform, making sure that the liquid is at least 1/4” above the pasta and lentils.
- Cover and set it to cook on the “white rice” setting. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, mixing halfway through. *
- Remove lid and allow the Spanish rice to cool for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
- It will take about 15-20 minutes to cook the pasta, depending on your rice cooker.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!