If you’re anything like us, you may have overdone it a bit this Thanksgiving. After a day of super decadent eating, we were craving something fresh, healthy, and full of fruits and veggies—so we whipped up an antioxidant powerhouse smoothie loaded with coconut, greens, ginger, pomegranate seeds, banana, and blueberries. Join us as we freshen things up a bit for the holiday season!
This fall detox smoothie is not only refreshing, but also the perfect pick me up after all of our holiday indulgences. With its blend of fruits and veggies, you’ll be feeling 100% in no time!This recipe actually came together accidentally– we had some ingredients in our refrigerator that was going to go bad, so we decided to blend it up into a smoothie.
We were a bit nervous over the addition of the pomegranate as we feared it would make this fall detox smoothie tart, but with the frozen banana, almond milk, and coconut water, it’s flavor was balanced out perfectly and adds the perfect punch to this combination. Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!Print
Fall Detox Smoothie
A refreshing fall detox smoothie that is the perfect pick me up after the holiday indulgences! It will have you feeling 100% in no time!
- 1 large ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced + frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or light coconut milk)
- 2 big handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2” fresh ginger
- 1 scoop greens powder (we used Amazing Grass)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Add liquid if needed for blending and adjust flavor to taste if desired.
- This smoothie is best when served fresh!
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!