We got you covered for your next road trip with these healthy chocolate banana peanut butter balls. Rich, creamy and decadent yet free of refined sugar, gluten, and oil!
Chris came up with this genius idea and we couldn’t resist testing out immediately after. What I loved personally was that it reminded me of my favorite cake growing up– which was simply a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting and bananas layered in. I don’t know what or who got me hooked on that combo, but now whenever I have it, it hits home for me.Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!Print
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Balls
We got you covered for your next road trip with these healthy chocolate banana peanut butter balls. Rich, creamy and decadent yet free of refined-sugars, gluten and oil!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 (2 ball) servings
- Category: Snack
- Line a small plate with parchment paper. Add your peanut flour to a small bowl then add in your water, starting with 1 tablespoon. You need just enough to make it a dough like consistency, NOT a peanut butter consistency.
- Mix until smooth, roll into teaspoon sized balls, then place them onto your lined plate. Once all of the dough is rolled, place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- While those set, in a food processor add in the oats, freeze dried bananas, mulberries, cacao powder, and chia seeds and run until uniform. Open and add in your medjool dates and water, and run again until a dough forms (see video for tips).
- Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and place your coconut shreds into a small bowl if you are using.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the chocolate mixture, flatten it, then place 1 peanut butter ball in the center of it. Roll the chocolate dough around the peanut butter ball until it is completely covered and it forms a uniform ball. Then, if desired, roll in coconut. Continue until all dough has been used, I got 12.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!