- Rinse the sushi rice in a fine sieve until the water is clear, about 2-3 times. Place the rice into a rice cooker or a medium pot with the water and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add rice in a rice cooker or stovetop. To cook rice stovetop: bring soaked rice to a boil, then cover with a lid and simmer on for 20 minutes. Once cooked in either the pot or rice cooker, remove from heat (with lid on!) and let it stand covered for 10 minutes.
- Combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small pan over medium heat in and cook until the sugar has melted but not boiling. Pour the vinegar mixture over the rice and fold to combine. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Unicorn Sushi Donuts
- Divide the sushi rice evenly between 3 bowls (1/2 cup each), then distribute the turmeric, beet juice and E3 Live (1 in each bowl). Fold until evenly combined, trying not to mush the rice.
- Randomly divide the cold sushi rice amongst the donut tray, being sure to not cover the middle hole of the pan. Press the rice down so it is tight, then flip the pan upside down to carefully remove the rice rings. You may need to loosen the rice out with a spoon prior to removing it.
- Decorate the sushi donuts with the avocado, chipotle mayo (recipe below) and black sesame seeds as desired, then serve with soy sauce and a sheet of nori (optional).
Put the cashews and their water in a blender and blend on medium for about 30 seconds, then turn up to high. Blend until the sauce no longer feels grainy between your fingers.*
Add the chipotle adobo sauce and the rest of the sauce ingredients. Blend until incorporated, then add salt to taste.