An easy and fool-proof way to make ice cream sandwiches! So easy that it’s pretty dangerous to know as I am not going to make these ALL THE TIME! Especially paired with my guilt-free chickpea chocolate chip cookie recipe.
PERFECT Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches — Recipe Hack!
An easy fool-proof way to make guilt-free cookie ice cream sandwiches!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Dessert
- 1 pint vegan ice cream (We used Snow Monkey)
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds + 1 1/2 tbsps water
- 1/2 can (7.5 oz.) cooked unsalted chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 4-5 large medjool dates, pitted (soaked in hot water for 10 mins then drained)
- 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats (roughly ground in recipe)
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks*
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the chia seeds with the water and allow it to sit for 15 mins to thicken.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor, until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (in that bowl or in another if easier).
- Half the batter and mold into 2″ diameter rounds. Place onto the line baking sheet and flatten them out to about 1/3″.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes then allow cookies to cool completely.
- Place ice cream pint on its side and cut 1 round (see video above). Remove round from package, place in between both cookies and dig in!
Since most chocolate chips have refined sugar, you can opt for cacao nibs, chocolate chunks of your favorite sugar free chocolate bar, or just leave it out 🙂
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!