Happy Friday everyone!
Chris and I partnered up with iHerb, an online natural products retailer that sells discounted products for all of your needs, and we worked together to create a “What A Vegan Couple Eats In a Day” series on our YouTube channel and blog using a wide array of vegan products we found on their site. You can check out all of the recipes and video below, and please let us know what you think! We would love to possibly continue this series as a regular feature on the blog 🙂
Gluten-free Chia Pancakes
- Mix together the chia seeds with water then set side to thicken for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat a pan over medium-high.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients and then add in the chia "egg" once thickened until smooth.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto the hot pan and spread out to about 3" wide. Cook until the top of the pancake is bubbly, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook 2 minutes more. Adjust temperature as needed to prevent burning.
Chocolate Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup kale, destemmed and finely chopped
- 2 frozen bananas (chopped/broken up)
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior chocolate protein powder
- ¼-1/3 cup liquid, as needed to blend
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp maca powder
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, then add toppings of choice.
Vegan Cheese & Crackers + Dates w/ Peanut Butter
Chris paired Mary’s Gone Crackers with our favorite vegan cheese and fresh tomatoes.
Avocado Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 2 pieces of bread, toasted
- ¼ cup marinated peppers
- 2-3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2-3 leaves of kale, destemmed & steamed
- Steam kale if not yet cooked.
- Add the cooked chickpeas and avocado to a small bowl, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Add in the remaining ingredients of the avocado chickpea mash and mix until smooth.
- Place onto the bread and assemble the sandwich with the remaining ingredients.
Soba Noodle Salad w/ Easy Peanut Sauce
- ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- ⅓ packet (3.2 oz) soba noodles
- 1-1/2 cups steamed veggies
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½-1 tsp sriracha
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Fill a small pot up with water and set on the stove to bring to a boil. While that heats, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, place the soba noodles in and cook per packaging directions. Drain once cooked and set aside.
- To assemble, simply plate the spinach, steamed veggies, soba noodle and peanut sauce onto a plate, and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
Pressure Cooker Mexican Lentil Stew
- 2 28 oz. cans organic crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 16 oz red lentils
- 1 medium red or yellow onion, diced (~1 cup)
- 3 medium zucchini, diced (~3 cups)
- 8 oz mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 Anaheim peppers, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced (~1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs chili powder
- ½ tbs cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup frozen organic non-GMO corn
- 2 white potatoes diced
- Top with:
- Fresh cilantro, avocados, lemon or lime juice
- Add all of the ingredients into a pressure cooker and cook on high for 25 minutes.
Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!