These glazed carrots have that oven-roasted appearance and taste, but they are actually cooked on the stove and SO EASY to make! They make the perfect appetizer or even an add on ingredient to a macro/buddha bowl. Today I am sharing with you not only a new hit recipe in our kitchen, but also an amazing GIVEAWAY to win a case of 12 vegetable juices delivered straight to your home! I partnered up with Salad Power to create a recipe to share with you all today with their vegetable juice. I sampled out their juices and they are EXACTLY what I love — not only are they non-GMO, the company was created because they wanted to bring something that was missing in the market, a low-sugar veggie & nutrient dense drink that you can take on the go OR play around with in the kitchen, like I did today 🙂
I didn’t want to just create a simple smoothie with their product because I wanted to be able to utilize the unique (and delicious!) flavor of the juice, so I started doing some reading online as to how to cook with vegetable juice. The search, well, was very scarce, and it was much to my surprise that there were not a lot of people cooking with juice. I did however across a post from epicurious titled “How Beet, Carrot, and Green Juice Can Make You a Better Cook” and that was where I drew the inspiration for this recipe. They discussed how cooking vegetables in their juice can intensify their qualities and flavor, and round the dish out to something even more astounding. They shared a recipe for carrot juice glazed carrots that I just had to make my own rendition of!
I modified the recipe based on my personal preference, ingredients in my home, and based on my experience cooking carrots, and what I came up with…you guys…can we just take a moment to appreciate the beauty of these glazed carrots I mean come on 😍
ALSO, EXCITING NEWS! My friends at Salad Power wanted to share the love and are giving TWO of my readers the opportunity to win a full case of their veggies juices. YES, a full case…I’m talking 12 of these juices (3×4 flavors) just for you! So you can sip on this AND make these bomb AF glazed carrots 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes, I love to see your photos!
- 5 carrots, peeled, cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 1 Salad Power 'Just Veggies' Juice (11.1 oz)*
- 1 thinly sliced 2-inch piece of ginger
- 2 tsp coconut nectar (or liquid sweetener of choice*)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper + more to garnish
- Black pepper
- Dill or parsley, finely chopped
- Heat the vegetable broth in a large pan over medium-high heat, then add in the carrots, cut side down.
- Cook without stirring for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- Add in the Salad Power, salt, black pepper, and ginger, then cover and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer until the carrots are fork tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the llid and add in the sweetener, then lower the hear to medium low.
- Cook until the juice slightly thickens, about 10-12 minutes, tossing carrots occasionally.
- Remove from hear and adjust seasoning to taste, then serve with dill or parsley, micro greens and black pepper.
I have not tested this recipe with any other liquid sweetener and the flavor will vary depending on what you use, but agave or maple syrup are great alternatives.
Nutrition facts were taken using coconut nectar as a sweetener and a generic vegetable juice in place of Salad Power as it was not in the Nutritifox label generator system.
If Salad Power is not available to you, simply use a carrot juice/carrot vegetable juice blend.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Salad Power, but all of the opinions shared are my own. I would not share a product with you all unless I love it. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!