A guilt-free way for you to enjoy a classic childhood favorite.
I encourage you to serve this with anything you would an average granola <3 My favorites are on my 2-ingredient cacao banana ice cream and zucchini oatmeal! As I type this, I had a brilliant idea!! Cacao banana ice cream topped with vegan marshmallows and this granola…I must try it!
Last week I was in charge of making a few goodies for an all vegan baby shower and included in that were Vegan S’mores on a Stick — aka a chocolate covered marshmallow with graham cracker crumble on a stick. The baby shower was hosted by my friends Alex & Kristin of Mr. & Mrs. Vegan, and if you know them and myself, you would know that we both are adamant about abstaining from added oils. For those of you who would like information on why to avoid oils, Mic the Vegan summarized all of the information in this awesome video — click here to watch.
Graham crackers do have a hefty amount of oil in them, so I knew that I would have to make some of my own for the s’mores. Somehow, I got the brilliant idea to create graham cracker-flavored granola instead of the cookies as it would save me some time since I was going to crush them anyways. I found some inspiration online and after a few tweaks and trials, I arrived at the perfect vegan graham cracker granola to share with you all. If you would like to check out and make some of the other recipes I contributed, they will be coming to my blog this week and you will find the links below once ready!
- Vegan S’mores on a Stick
- Date-Sweetened Caramel Apples w/ Walnuts
- Easy Veggie & Hummus Bread Boats
- + a behind the scenes video of the making 🙂
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour (or sub a gluten-free flour of choice)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbs unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan honey (I used the brand Bee Free Honee)
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3-5 tbs maple syrup (adjust to taste before baking, I used 3)
- 1 tbs molasses
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Roughly blend the oats in a high speed blender or a food processor for about 10 seconds, just until it is roughly chopped, but not enough that it becomes flour.
- In a large bowl, add all of the dry ingredients together and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a smaller bowl, add the remaining liquid ingredients and whisk until uniform. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and stir until the dry ingredients are completely coated.
- Using your hands, bread up the mixture a bit and crumble it onto onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. If needed, bake into 2 layers.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Worth Whisking.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!