NO WAY??…YES WAY, this happened and you must recreate it, ASAP. Bagels are a girl’s best friend right? Well, at least this girl’s 😛
As some of you may see from my YouTube and my boyfriend Chris’ Instagram, my whole fam LOVES bagels. Seriously, we go through 2 bags of bagels weekly at this point 😂 So why not take our bagel game to the next level and bring to our thanksgiving table?I used my Sourdough Stuffing recipe that I shared last year and adapted it to, well, use bagels. You could definitely use any savory bagel of your choice, or even plain if you’d like, but I HIGHLY SUGGEST you use everything bagels because it adds a punch of flavor that you wouldn’t get otherwise and really makes this stuffing the bomb.com.
It’s always fun getting into the kitchen with these two. Not only are the great to talk to, they are also two amazing chefs that I can always learn something from. We don’t see each other enough with our schedules, and it was hard to get things done while we caught up, but overall I think that we pulled it off and everything came together beautifully!
You can click the photos below to check out their recipes! Yvonne put together a Mixed Berry Cobbler w/ a Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Crust…YES, she went there. I had to correct her when she said it too I was like wait, COOKIE?Sarah took the savory route and shared a Mushroom Medley Chestnut Tartlets which are melt in your mouth good. Scratch that, INCREDIBLE.ALSO! I wanted to share with you guys that I have partnered up with Thrive Market to give you all a FREE bottle of apple cider vinegar ❤️All you have to do is visit their site and sign up! I have been using Thrive since last October and I couldn’t recommend it more! It is a costco-esque online health food store like whole foods meets costco so all of their products are discounted 🤓 I hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think!
Below are a few round ups I have released over the years with TONS of vegan recipes for your holiday. Click on the photos to be redirected! 🙂 Please please tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of these recipes, I love to see your photos!
- 6 cups diced everything bagels (use gluten-free if desired)
- 1½ cups vegetable broth + ¼ cup vegetable broth (divided)
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced thin (greens only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup organic raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (get your free bottle here!)
- ½ tbsp fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp dried sage
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the diced bagels on a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until it is dried out and lightly browned.
- Heat ¼ cup vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium. Saute onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper and mushrooms, and cook on medium until everything is soft and translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bagel cubes, the cooked ingredients, and all the remaining ingredients except the broth and toss together. Once uniform, pour the broth in slowly while gently mixing to moisten the ingredients evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the bagel chunks are lightly browned.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!