Moist, creamy, pumpkin-y AND still healthy AF 😉
Yuppp, another bread recipe for you guys because you seem to love baked goodies as much as I do 😉 I decided to veganize AND health-ify a classic recipe I see every fall, and I am so so pleased with the outcome.
Not only is this bread moist, but it is perfectly sweet + creamy from the cream cheese! Adding cream cheese, nut butters, etc. is common practice for a lot of people when enjoying bread, so why not have the two already married into one? ❤️
There was so much going on this week but I’m proud to say I was able to get this blog post out in time for you guys before Halloween if you need some goodies for your celebration.
PLEASE NOTE: Sorry for the errors in this video but I actually made a few changes that made this bread even better! 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese instead of just 1/4 cup and I omitted the ½ cup unsweetened almond milk altogether.
This weekend is So Cal Veg Fest and not only will I be having a booth with my merch and some meet & greets, I’m going to be giving a speech with Anji of Happy Healthy Vegan 🙊 This is going to be the first public speech I deliver outside of a school setting and while it will most definitely be nerve wrecking, I am so honored to be able to speak at such an event. We are going to tell our stories and share our experience as vegans in this new digital world we have. It’s a lot to try to explain in a short blog post, but I will hopefully be able to film the speech to share on my YouTube channel + Anji and I actually filmed a run through for her channel here.Anyways, let’s get back to this bread 🙂
I have a ton of vegan Halloween recipe ideas if you guys need some inspiration, you can check them all out here.
I made this recipe in collaboration with a few vegan bloggers you might all know, so I will link all of their recipes below for you to check out because they are just the cutest!Mummy Pot Pies by Steph’s Plate
Candy Corn Parfaits by Caitlin Shoemaker of From My Bowl
Halloween Cupcake Monsters by Feasting on Fruit
Pumpkin Spiced Twix, Chocolate Witch Fingers and Eyes by Lisa Kng
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 16 oz pumpkin purée
- 1½ cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Optional but recommended: ½ cup crushed nuts
- ⅓ cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 medium ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a bread pan with parchment paper. You can seehow to line it properly here.
- Remove pits from dates, and place in a bowl covered in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Mix chia seeds with water, then set aside to thicken.
- Drain dates and add to a food processor with the pumpkin and vanilla. Process until dates are broken and smooth.
- Place into a large mixing bowl and thoroughly combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into a lined baking dish, smooth that out, then top with cream cheese mixture. Once that is smoothed out, add the remaining batter and level out the top.
- Add any toppings if desired.
- Bake for 55 minutes, and cool completely before serving.
- Store refrigerated.