An easy peasy spooky recipe to share with your family and friends this Halloween!
This recipe is perfect to make with kids as it requires only 4 ingredients and a little bit of creativity! Have fun with this, experiment with other ingredients, and make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes, I love to see your photos!
This recipe was inspired by a real wizard in the kitchen, Jackie of Vegan Yack Attack. Jackie as one of the inspirations for me to start a blog.t I love how the community here in Los Angeles has brought us together because we are now friends, who would have known!
Looking for more Vegan Halloween Recipes? Check out my creations on my blog here!
- Mushrooms of choice (I used white)
- Vegan ricotta cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- Sliced black olives
- Sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced (do not use the ones in oil! I purchase the oil- and salt- free ones from Trader Joe's)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Remove mushroom stems, and set aside for later use (stir fry, soup, have fun with it!)
- Wash and dry mushroom caps, and use a small knife to hollow out the mushrooms to ensure a large enough hole to stuff. If you are using larger mushrooms, this may not be necessary.
- Add salt and pepper the ricotta to taste, then generously stuff the mushrooms.
- Top each mushroom with an olive slice.
- Decorate the mushrooms with the thinly sliced sun dried tomatoes, about 4-5 per mushroom.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven, plate and serve warm!
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!