PIZZA. CAKE. YES, YOU ARE WELCOME 🙂
Three layers of Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño Cornbread + refried beans, nacho cheese, guacamole, pizza sauce, all them veggies, is this real life?! Why yes, yes it is 🙂 After promising to you guys this epic recipe in our Mukbang video last month, is has finally arrived!
I honestly can’t remember how Chris and I came up with this recipe idea — we were chatting one day about future blog posts etc. that we wanted to create, and one way or another, a pizza cake came to mind. Our original idea was a bit different, but after being blown away by mexican-style pizzas from our friends Alex and Kristin (Mr. and Mrs. Vegan), we just couldn’t resist.
Chris put up the full recipe for the Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño Cornbread in this recipe, so be sure to check it out! It is both oil- and gluten-free, and has the perfect kick of spice. I was nervous as we added a good amount of jalapeños in them, but I think the time in the oven neutralized that factor a bit and they have the perfect amount of bite to them.
Chris and I got our hands on a new toy, a dope tripod with a horizontal arm, so we played around with it while making this recipe and ended up filming a how-to video! It was definitely a step up from our other tripod, and an investment, but so so so worth it.
I can’t wait to finally start filming more recipe videos/demonstrations for my youtube channel. Let me know what you guys think!
And of course, we are keeping to our word from our Mukbang, and did another mukbang with this recipe. What is a mukbang you ask? It is a video/show where the host eats food while interacting with their audience 🙂
It is actually so much fun and I love being able to feel like I am talking directly to/interacting with my audience in a more personal setting.
- ½ 15.5 oz can oil-free refried beans (I used Trader Joe's salsa style*)
- ¾ cup guacamole
- ⅓ cup oil-free nacho cheese (we used Nacho Mom's)
- Pizza sauce (oil-free from Trader Joe's)
- Sliced avocado
- Grilled bell peppers
- Diced red onion
- Fire roasted corn (we thawed a frozen bag from Whole Foods)
- 3 recipes of the Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño CornbreadLime, to serve
- Bake three batches 3 recipes of the Sun Dried Tomato Jalapeño Cornbread in 8" cake pans. Allow it to cool to room temperature.
- To assemble, top the first layer with refried beans and nacho cheese. Add the next layer on top of that, then top with guacamole. Add the final layer, then top with pizza sauce, sliced avocado
- grilled bell peppers, diced red onion and fire roasted corn.
- Serve sliced with a side of lime.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!