Crunchy, chunky AND oil-free? Could this be true?
I needed to find an easy go-to granola recipe that I could start making weekly for my home, as I started making smoothie bowls almost daily that the temperature has shot up here in LA! My combos vary based on what I have in the kitchen, but I got my hands on some frozen pitaya packs, and a frequent recipe lately has been this Cacao Pitaya Protein Smoothie Bowl (below), and you can find that full recipe here.
And come on, just look at that color, I really want this again (and again and again).
Anyways, this recipe was adapted from the always inspiring Natalie of Feasting on Fruit! She released her own granola recipe and after seeing it I just HAD TO whip some up for my home because it was SO EASY and oil-free?! Right up my alley.
The formula for a bangin’ oil-free granola?
>>3 cups dry ingredients + 1/2 cup liquid sweetener!<<
Since I know you all may not have the exact ingredients I used, keep this in mind so that you can make this recipe 🙂
How I enjoy this granola:
- Eat it like cereal! Simply pour into a bowl with some non-dairy milk (try my raw vegan ice cream milk) and fresh fruit.
- Atop oatmeal — perfect with my favorite Zucchini Oatmeal recipe
- Paired with ice cream or a smoothie bowl — my Cacao Pitaya Protein Smoothie Bowl and my 2 Ingredient Cacao Banana Ice Cream are calling your name
- By the handful!
Easy Crunchy Oil-Free Granola
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
- (See Notes)
- Use any combination of 3 cups dry ingredients, ½ cup liquid sweetener + ½ tbsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (convection if possible) and line a large baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir until uniform, then spread on the baking sheet and press it into a solid rectangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are just staring to brown, but do not stir it!
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes, then break apart into chunks.
Use any combination of 3 cups dry ingredients + 1/2 cup liquid sweetener.
Adapted from Feasting On Fruit.
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!