Raw vegan chocolate mousse’s made with avocado was all the rage for a bit on social media, and although this is great to enjoy on it’s own, I decided why not take it a step further and test its use as a frosting.I tested this recipe as a frosting with my Halloween Oreo Cupcake Cats! They paired well with one another, and was the perfect consistency to frost and it helped act as a glue for the Healthy Gluten-Free Oreos I topped them with.But if you don’t have anything to frost, this recipe can be consumed as a mousse, dip, frosting, anything you want! I’d love to see what you come up with, so make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan.Print
Chocolate Avocado Frosting/Mousse
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 2 large (or 1 1/2 cups) avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 6 pitted dates, soaked for 30 minutes in warm water and drained
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar, maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and run until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness as needed.