One of the many joys of eating a high carb, low fat (hclf) mostly raw vegan diet, is DATEORADE. It is such an easy recipe to make and to get a bulk of calories in. This is a drink I turn to when I am busy and won’t have time to think much about meals (like I am right now with exams!).
I believe the term was coined by Freelee The Banana Girl and her consumption of this beverage almost daily, or at least from what I see in her vlogs. I know that this is simple to make and may be self-explanatory to some of you, but I thought I would share it most especially for all of you who are not frequent to the hclf raw till 4 community, with hopes of sparking your interest in the matter <3Print
Strawberry Dateorade + Fresh Blueberries (hclf, raw till 4)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan
- 10 large medjool dates
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 L water
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Blend all of the ingredients together, except for the blueberries, until smooth. I recommend using a high speed blender.
- Pour into a large jar and top with blueberries.
- Mix the blueberries in and eat with a spoon and straw.