A flavor combo that I absolutely adore! Who knew that mint and matcha would work so well together?
After having been inspired by the Moroccan Mint Latte at Urth Caffe to make my Mint Matcha Coconut Cooler recipe, I thought hey, why don’t I just make the latte itself?
Well, I did. And it was awesome.
I used fresh mint leaves from my garden, but you could also use mint tea from the store. Steep in hot water for about a minute, then strain and set aside. Add the matcha into the mix and whisk vigorously until combined.
Place the almond milk and chopped or coconut sugar into a high speed blender and run until it’s smooth. Transfer that into a small pot and heat over medium until it reaches a slow boil. Combine the mint water with the almond milk mixture and voila, you have an amazing mint matcha latte!
Benefits of Matcha?: Mild steady energy, improved skin health, a boosted metabolism, and a whopping 137x the antioxidants of brewed green tea!
- 1½ cup almond or coconut milk
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 large sprig of fresh mint (or 1 mint tea bag)
- 1 medjool date, pitted
- Place the fresh mint or tea bag into the hot water in a large glass. Allow it to steep for 1 minute. Remove the leaves/tea bag and set aside.
- Add in the matcha into the mix and whisk vigorously until combined. If you have a matcha whisk, it will combine more easily.*
- Place the almond milk and chopped or coconut sugar into a high speed blender and process until smooth. Transfer into a small pot and heat over medium until it reaches a slow boil.
- Pour the mint water into the almond milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide between 2 mugs and serve warm.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!