I threw together a random recipe for breakfast, and it was too good for me not to blog about. So what did I do? I made it again for lunch so that I could share it with all of you 😉
This recipe only requires a few ingredients, and is actually good for you, as opposed to the dairy, fat-filled, cruelty-filled ice cream at the supermarket. I listed this recipe as a dessert, but it is high carb, low fat, and mostly raw, so I say eat this whenever the heck you want. Really, do it!
I also suggest that you purchase organic medjool dates. I usually purchase my dates from 7hotdates.com, but they were out of medjools so I ordered from medjooldates.com. They both have different sizes/prices, and all of their dates are fresh. They are so soft and plump, nothing like you would purchase at the store. Plus they both have bulk sizes so you will be saving money as well. I love both sites, and recommend both!
- 5 bananas, sliced and frozen overnight
- ½ tbsp organic barley grass juice powder*(see notes)
- ⅛-1/4 tsp organic alcohol-free mint extract, to taste*(see notes)
- 2 small medjool dates, divided into 4
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder (I used Ka'Chava)*(see notes)
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender,I recommend the Vitamix, and make sure you use the tamper (stick).
- Add liquid as needed, a tablespoon at a time.
- Put into a bowl and place into the freezer as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Place the protein powder into a small bowl.
- Take each piece of date (you should have 8, and roll it into a ball. If your date is large, cut it into eighths not fourths.
- Roll each ball in the protein powder until covered.
- Place cacao into a small bowl. Add in sweetener, slowly, and mix with a fork while doing so.
- Continue only until a semi thick sauce consistency is reached.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the ice cream with a spoon.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!