Instead of making the usual savory kale chips, I got the idea of using my Persimmon Ginger Dressing to sweeten things up. Not only was this experiment was a success, but it was also god sent, seriously. I am completely hooked on these chips, and they only lasted a day in my home!
These kale chips were made in my dehydrator, but feel free to use your oven if you need to. In order to dehydrate in a regular oven, set the oven to the lowest temperature it can go to, place what you are dehydrating inside, and instead of closing it all the way, place a wooden spoon in between the opening. This allows for moisture to escape as a dehydrator would. I have not yet tried this method, but I have made other kale chips in this manner with success.
For a list of the tools I use in my kitchen, click here.
Sweet and Savory, Jam Packed w/ Nutrients, Oil- and Salt-Free, and of course, Vegan <3
What more could you ask for in a snack food? I love discovering new and healthy snacks to share with my family and friends, showing them that veganism isn’t all carrots and spinach. You can even sub in mangoes, papayas, or a fruit of choice, for the persimmons.
G I V E A W A Y!!
I am excited to announce that in honor of the new year, I am giving you all a chance to win $50 to spend at iHerb.com! A lot of my staple goodies come from Iherb. They always have discounted & bulk prices on items that are more expensive at health food markets. Here are the items from my recent purchase. I was able to get almost all organic and a lot of raw options!
The winner are… Francesca F. and Andi R!
- This giveaway is worldwide as iherb ships internationally, but double check the website to be sure they ship to your country. To see if iHerb ships to a specific country, go to iherb.com, add a product to the shopping cart and click the “Country” drop down menu to see if their country is listed
- 2 WINNERS
- Winners must register at iherb.com to claim their prize.
- Shipping will be taken care of for both US and non-US winners. The following only applies if you have a winner out of the US. Specifically for winners out of the US, they are responsible for any additional taxes/duties/brokerage fees levied to them by their Customs Agency and/or Postal Service.
- Instagram profile must be PUBLIC on the day of drawing in order for entry to count. You can enter once per day, as multiple entries will increase your chances of winning! NO FAKE ACCOUNTS, NO GIVEAWAY ACCOUNTS.
Sweet Persimmon Kale Chips (hclf, raw)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 2-3
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan
- 2 bunches curly kale
- Persimmon Ginger Dressing
- Wash and dry the kale, them remove the stems. Rip the kale into medium pieces, keeping in mind they will shrink a bit in the dehydrator.
- Prepare the dressing by simply blending all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage with your hands until thoroughly covered.
- Place onto the tray of a dehydrator and dry on 115F overnight, 6-8 hours depending on the size of the kale.
These kale chips were made in my dehydrator, but feel free to use your oven if you need to. Set the oven to the lowest temperature, place the kale inside, and instead of closing it all the way, place a wooden spoon in between the opening. This allows for moisture to escape as a dehydrator would. I have not yet tried this method, but I have made other kale chips in this manner with success.
More Kale Chip recipes on my blog:
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!