If you live in Los Angeles, and you’re vegan, I am quite certain you have heard of Organix. If not, what the heck is wrong with you!? Haha, kidding…kind of.
Well, if for some odd reason you don’t know what Organix is, let me fill you in. Organix is a unique market here in Eagle Rock that offers wholesome and nutritious foods that are mostly Organic, and they also specialize in gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan & vegetarian, non-GMO, and soy-free products. AND, most importantly, they have a Vegan Delicatessen. That’s right, a freaking vegan deli. WHAT?!
Well, my little cousin is sort of in love with Organix, and I don’t blame her. I have tried everything she has ever ordered from their deli, plus the famous Plant Food For People Jackfruit Carnitas Tacos they also serve up, and we are always satisfied! Their zucchini fries, in particular, are killer.
So one day we were binge watching some Gossip Girl on Netflix (don’t just me), and she started craving their zucchini fries. It was too late for me to pick some up for her from Organix, so I decided to make some of my own.
I also wanted to healthify the fries from Organix, so I chose to create gluten- and oil-free version that are baked and not fried. I found a recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie and worked with ingredients I already had at home.
The blueberry tahini aioli I created was also a winner!
I played around with Arctic Power Berries Blueberry Powder and came up with this dipping sauce. The rosemary was a perfect addition since I did not use herbs in the fries. They were a great complement to one another.Print
Crispy Baked Zucchini & Potato Fries (gf)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into fry shapes
- 1 medium white potato, sliced thin into fry shapes*
- 1 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (I made mine by toasting 3 slices of gluten-free bread and processing it in a food processor.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Raw nut Milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 tsp Healthy Green Salt Substitute
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 420F. Prepare by setting aside a cooling rack* on a lined baking tray.
- Assembly line: Flour and spices in one bowl, milk in another, and breadcrumbs in a third.
- Dip each zucchini and potato into the flour, then the milk, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Place on the cooling rack and bake for 18-20 minutes*.
-If the potatoes are too thick, they will not cook all the way.
-You may grease your cooking rack if you want. If not, it will stick a bit but its manageable. I did not grease it.
-I suggest baking the zucchini and potatoes separately as their cooking times will vary.
-I cooked the zucchini for 18 mins and the potatoes for 20 mins.
-Original recipe from byChocolate Covered Katie.
Blueberry Tahini Aioli (oil-free)
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 3-4
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and run until it is smooth and creamy.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!