Every year for Christmas, someway or another, my family ends up with a boxed Fruit Cake. Have you ever tried these? If you haven’t, I’d advise you to pass on it and try this Holiday Fruit Bread instead. Not only is this recipe easier than the traditional recipe, it is also gluten-free, refined sugar-free and delicious.
After making my Organic Dried Fruit Compote, I got the idea of using it in place of bananas for bread. Since the holiday season was approaching, a fruit bread sounded perfect!
How will you serve this vegan holiday fruit bread? Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or tweet @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes! I love to see your photos!
- 16 oz. Organic Dried Fruit Compote
- ¾ cup raw almond milk
- ¼ cup Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 chia or flax egg (see notes)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil or apple sauce (see notes)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3.5 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups almond meal or ground almonds
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1¼ cup gluten free oats
- Optional: ⅓ cup chopped nuts
- If necessary, in a high speed blender, grind the almonds until a flour is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Place the fruit compote into a large bowl, then add all ingredients up to the vanilla extract and whisk together. Add in the almond meal or ground almonds, gluten free flour and oats and stir.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until firm and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container for a few days. Slice and freeze for longer term storage.
If you replace the coconut oil with apple sauce, it may make it a bit more dense.
Adapted from Minimalist Baker.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!