During the holidays, I absolutely love making treats for my family and friends. When going vegan, my treat ideas transformed! At first I was convinced that I had to stop this small tradition all together since I assumed that vegan sweets were, well, wack, but once I lived the lifestyle a bit longer and was exposed to the endless possibilities of both delicious AND healthy treats, a new vegan holiday tradition emerged.
This is a simple and easy treat for those of you that may not find time in the midst of the busy holiday season to bake cookies and more complicated treats. With this Easy Vegan Holiday Chocolate Bark, feel free to customize the ingredients to your liking or that of the person you are gifting it to, and have fun!
Check out my original Easy Vegan Superfood Chocolate Bark post for more ingredient and spice ideas for your bark!
- Lined Baking tray or large plate
- 2 1.65 oz. Trader Joes's 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar (or vegan chocolate bar/chips of choice)
- Dried cranberries
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper or a silpat sheet, set aside.
- Roughly chop all of the topping ingredients except for the strawberries, and set aside. For the strawberries, crush into a powder. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate into ½-inch pieces and place it into either ova pre-prepared stove top double boiler or into a microwave safe bowl. If using the stove top, continuously stir until melted.
- If using a microwave, warm in 15 second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula between each. Continue microwaving and stirring at between intervals until melted.
- Stir any spices being used into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out to about ¼ inch thick.
- Add your toppings. Try to spread out the ingredients so there is a piece of each in every bite.
- Let the bark harden at room temperature, about 1 hour. (Or to speed it up, place it into the fridge or freezer). Break into pieces once hard and store in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!