I remember how much I used to love Chinese Orange Chicken when I was a kid, and how often my family and I would dine at Panda Inn and Panda Express growing up in Los Angeles. Oh how I DO NOT miss those days. It’s hard to believe how unhealthy and careless my lifestyle used to be, and how much it has changed over the years. I am grateful that I have cleared my mind, discovered a healthier lifestyle with alternatives to old favorites such as this low-fat Chinese Orange Cauliflower recipe.
I think it’s safe to say that I am obsessed with this. I told my family I had to make it 3 times to “recipe test” it, but honestly I just wanted to have this 3 times last week and still wanted to make it again. SO GOOD.
I served my Chinese Orange Cauliflower with brown rice, steamed broccoli and sugar snap peas. Feel free to serve this dish with whatever sides you’d like!
A raw alternative to brown rice is ‘Cauliflower Rice’. For that, all you need to do is roughly chop up a head of cauliflower and place it into a food processor. Pulse until it is rice like, then serve it like rice. If desired, you can squeeze the excess liquid out with a clean dish towel over the sink.
Dinner is served! What will you pair your Chinese Orange Cauliflower with?
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking dish.
- Wash and dry cauliflower. Remove leaves and cut into 1" pieces.
- Place the cauliflower onto the baking dish and place bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the sauce. Place the remaining ingredients into a high speed blender and run until smooth.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Place it into a large bowl and evenly coat with sauce. Place back into the oven for 8 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
I haven't yet made this raw, but I am almost certain that it will work and be delicious 🙂
Raw garlic is strong, so I suggest starting off with half then tasting it first.
Original recipe from Feasting On Fruit.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!