This is the Best Raw Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream I have ever tasted.
A bold statement, yes. The truth? ABSOLUTELY.
This is the ice cream that I used as a base for my Raw Vegan Mango, and you can definitely use it as a base for practically any other flavor you wish to create. For this recipe, a sweet and simple vanilla ice cream was perfect to go with the flavors of the cobbler. (Oh, I used the raw oat crumble as well, included in that same post!)
Feast your eyes on this beautiful pre-oven cobbler! Be sure that after you place all of the stone fruit into the batter, pour the remaining juices and sugar over it, that way you get all of the sweet fruity goodness.
The cobbler takes only 10 minutes to whip together. Prep the stone fruit, and as it sits, mix together the batter in one bowl. Pour it in and then top it with the stone fruit, in any arrangement you choose.
I suggest making the ice cream first, that way while it is in the ice cream maker, you can work on the cobbler and enjoy this as soon as possible. Trust me, you’ll want to face plant into it once the sweet aroma fills your kitchen while baking.
So long, beautiful stone fruit! I enjoyed all of the local peaches this summer, and I can’t wait to see you again next year!
Make sure you tag my Instagram and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes! I love to see your photos and share them!
- 1 peach
- 1 nectarine
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour blend (I used Trader Joe's)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- ⅔ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ginger
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice stone fruit and place into a large bowl. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp coconut sugar and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into baking dish of choice. I used a round 8" glass pan.
- Arrange the stone fruit on top however you'd like, and drizzle any excess liquid in the bowl over the cobbler.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and lightly browned.
- Allow it to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve with raw vanilla ice cream (recipe below) and a sprinkle of raw oat crumble.
- ½ cup coconut meat
- 1½ cups almond milk, preferably raw
- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours preferably overnight
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 4-6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 fresh vanilla bean
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.