Raw, vegan + dairy- and fat-free! This is a healthier take on a classic pairing during this time of year. Enjoy this with your friends and family, if you’re willing to share this vegan caramel goodness and not keep it all for yourself (trust me, you’ll want to!).
Make sure you tag my Instagram and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes! I love to see your photos and share them!Print
Healthy Apples & Vegan Caramel (raw)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw Vegan
- 1-2 Fuji apples, or variety of choice
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fresh vanilla bean or extract
- Soak the dates in water for 1 hour.
- Remove dates from soaking liquid and add to a food processor with a few tablespoons of the soaking liquid and cinnamon. Process until a paste consistency is reached, adding more liquid as needed.
- Place the desired amount of caramel into a small bowl, and place on a serving platter with the apples.