Fall is here! I have been all pumpkin crazy lately, but then I remembered, APPLES!
…So how about them apples?
My apple tree wasn’t quite ready for me to steal some of its goods, so I just stuck with some organic apples I had on hand. I used fuji apples for this recipe, but feel free to use your variety of choice!
This recipe is perfect for breakfast or a snack (or lunch or dinner, no one will judge you after they taste this!) You can even try sprinkling this on top of smoothies, or even my raw apple rose caramel tart or my raw vegan pumpkin pie. It will be amazing, trust me, DO IT..
What’s your favorite way to use apples during the fall?
- 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups apple puree/sauce or 2 Fuji apples, diced
- 5 medjool dates, soaked + ½ cup water
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- Optional: A pinch of salt (I omitted)
- Soak medjool dates in ½ cup water for at least 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a large baking sheet.
- Add the dates, and apple puree or diced apples into a food processor or high speed blender and run until smooth. If needed, a some of the date water, a tbs at a time. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the apple date mixture over, and mix until evenly distributed.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. The time will vary depending on how much liquid your apples will add.