When I was working the Los Angeles Green Festival last month with The Coco Jack, we were directly across from the Explore Asian booth. During our shifts, they were kind enough to bring over samples of their noodles. I was only able to try the mung bean noodles, but man oh man were they good. At the end of the festival on Sunday, I headed over their booth to buy a few bags of their mung bean noodles, but they were out! I was going to just head out empty handed, but they insisted I purchase their black bean spaghetti. They said that if I loved the mung bean noodles, I would love these! I trusted them, and I am so glad I did.
Above is a shot of the cooked noodles before they were all covered up by the yummy toppings. The noodles did not stick together, had a flavor all on their own, and were the perfect consistency. The package says to cook for 7-8 minutes, and I went a little over 8 on accident, but what resulted was a bowl of perfectly cooked noodles (for my liking, that is).
I know that some people may be weary about packaged noodles, but fear not! The Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti that I used has the following ingredients: black beans & water. Yes, that’s it! I was shocked myself, and still confused how these noodles are even noodles. Plus they are gluten-free, certified organic, and of course, vegan. If black beans aren’t your thang, check out the other products from Explore Asian. They also have noodles made from mung beans, jasmine brown rice, and more!
The peanut sauce I used if from my Rainbow Summer Rolls + Peanut Sauce recipe. This is my go-to peanut sauce, as it is very easy to make. All you need is a high speed blender (or food processor). Drop all of the ingredients in and run until smooth!
Make sure you tag my Instagram and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of the recipes! I love to see your photos and share them!
- The Best Damn Peanut Sauce + ¼ cup water
- 1 package Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti
- 2 cups beans sprouts
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped
- 4 large carrots, shaved
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- Fresh cilantro
- 4-6 green onion stalks, sliced small
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the black bean noodles according to the packaging directions.
- While those are cooking, steam your broccoli and cook the mushrooms. You will have 3 things going at once, yes, but you got this!
- Add the mushrooms, liquid aminos and 2 tbsp water into a non-stick pan, and cook until the mushrooms are soft and have reduced in size.
- Steam the broccoli over a pot of boiling water for 10-12 minutes.
- Distribute the noodles equally into 4 bowls, and add toppings of choice.
- Generously sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro, then drizzle your desired amount of peanut sauce. Toss to combine, if desired.
This post was not sponsored by Explore Asian. All of the opinions shared are my own.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!