Instead of buying the premade superfood chocolate bars at your local health food store, try making your own! This way, you can probably save in the long run, and you’ll be able to make the chocolate with any add ons you want. What’s also great is that you can half this recipe when you make it, and make up different combinations to see which you like best. This is a great present as well!
For this recipe, I just used a Trader Joes’s 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar that I had on hand and was comfortable with (ingredients wise), but feel free to use any chocolate you want, you can even use chocolate chips (so long their its vegan of course). If you use a raw chocolate bar, let me know how it goes so I can try it out. And, if your even fancier, you can even make your own chocolate bar. I haven’t done it yet, but I will hopefully be trying it sometime in the future.
Combinations I Love
Almond & Rosemary // Cranberry, Coconut & Pistachio // Lavender & Almonds // Medjool Date, Chia Seeds, Figs & Cinnamon // Goji Berry, Mulberry, Coconut, Gypsy Blend & Pumpkin Seed
Ideas To Customize Your Bark
Acai Berry Powder
Healthy Green Salt
Spices (Try Savour This Kitchen)
Easy Superfood Chocolate Bark
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 13 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Lined Baking tray or large plate
- 2 1.65 oz. Trader Joes’s 72% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar (or vegan chocolate bar/chips of choice)
Toppings/Add Ins of Choice, such as:
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Shredded coconut
- 1/4-1/2 tsp gypsy spice blend
- Line a baking sheet or large plate with parchment paper or a silpat sheet, set aside.
- Chop the chocolate into 1/2-inch pieces and place it into either ova pre-prepared stove top double boiler or into a microwave safe bowl. If using the stove top, continuously stir until melted.
- If using a microwave, warm in 15 second intervals, stirring with a rubber spatula between each. Continue microwaving and stirring at between intervals until melted.
- Stir any spices being used into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the onto the prepared baking sheet and spread it out to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add your toppings. Try to spread out the ingredients so there is a piece of each in every bite.
- Let the bark harden at room temperature, about 1 hour. (Or to speed it up, place it into the fridge or freezer). Break into pieces once hard and store in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links- thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan! Visit my contact page if you have any questions.