Sunday brunch always calls for mimosas, right? When my mom makes traditional mimosas for the fam, I make these. I actually have had some prefer this over the traditional mimosas, and go alcohol-free without even realizing it. They do taste like they have alcohol in them, so just know that by making these you are by no means compromising flavor. This drink is the perfect alternative to alcohol at your next special occasion, you need to try it! Feel free to use kombucha that you make yourself, or any type that you enjoy. For this recipe, I chose strawberry, but choose any flavor that you prefer best!
- 1 cup Synergy strawberry synthesis kombucha
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup water (or more oj or kombucha)
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Sweetener to taste, if needed
- Muddle the basil a bit at the bottom of a jar/glass with a touch of water to release it's flavors.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Chill at least 15 minutes before serving to cool the temperature and infuse the flavors.