Last weekend I attended the Los Angeles Vegan Potluck! It was such an amazing event. I learned so much about people I have connected with on Instagram, getting to finally meet them in person, and I was also able to share company with people that I had not met before, but am so glad that I did. You can read more about the event on my previous post.
I brought two yummy dishes to the potluck.
The first was my Summer Squash Pilaf from my Lunch & Dinner Ebook. My mom was actually the creator of this dish. She made it for me as my Raw Till 4 dinner entree when we visited my grandparents a few weeks ago. Everyone loved it at the dinner so I knew it had to be brought to the event.
The second was this Gluten-free Triple Berry Crisp with Sweet Vanilla Cashew Cream I came up with. I actually threw the tart together on a whim and I had no idea how it tasted until I sampled it at the event. It was definitely nerve wrecking, so thank goodness it was good! This cashew cream is my favorite, I wish I could eat it all day everyday, its that good!
I believe they both were a hit, as they were gone by the end of the event!I have to thank my mom for all of what she did this day. We were frantically cooking before we headed to the event and I could not have finished without her.
I hope you all try it out and let me know what you think!Print
Gluten-free Triple Berry Crisp
- Yield: 9-12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 cups organic blueberries
- 1 cup organic strawberries, diced
- 1 cup organic raspberries
- 2 tbs cornstarch or gluten-free flour
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbs lemon (or orange) zest
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour (I used Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tbs coconut oil, hard not melted
- 1 tbs gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbs walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbs almonds
- 1 tbs cashews
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a 13×9″ baking dish. You may brush it with some coconut oil to prevent sticking but I did not and it worked out fine.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the filling into the baking dish. Set aside and make the topping.
- Place nuts and oats into a food processor, and process until a flour is made. If you would like it chunky, feel free to pulse until your desired consistency is reached. Add in the remaining ingredients except the coconut oil and pulse to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and pulse until you reach a coarse meal. There should’ve small chunks dispersed throughout.
- Sprinkle over berry filling.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- As it bakes, make the cashew cream (below).
- Remove dish from the oven. Once cooled, feel free to decorate raw dish with fresh berries! To serve, slice and top it with a dallop of cashew cream.
Sweet Vanilla Cashew Cream (Raw)
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 9-12
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan, Vegan
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup coconut meat
- 4 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup water or almond milk (I was out)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 tbsp organic vanilla or 1/2 fresh vanilla bean, scraped
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- Soak the cashews overnight, or at least 3 hours.
- Simply place all of the ingredients into a food processor and run until completely smooth. To check for doneness, rub a small bit in between your fingers. If it feels grainy, run for about a minute more.