I decided I would share another idea with you all for a healthy patriotic treat that you can enjoy for the Fourth of July this year. Yesterday I shared a simple fruit platter in shape of an American Flag that is a perfect dish for you to serve or bring at your celebrations this year, and I have now created a fun treat you can enjoy at afternoon barbecues or even simply with your kiddies at home. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you can simply use a glass cup or disposable cups and things like popsicle sticks, chopsticks, or any utensils you have on hand. You can even just make this and layer it as a smoothie without any freezing required, and throw in some granola while you’re at it. I made my pops completely raw, but if you don’t have access to or time to make your own raw nut milk, feel free to sub in your choice of vegan milk, coconut water or even fruit juice.Print
Raw Vegan Patriotic Fruit Pops
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Snack, Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw Vegan
- 1 medjool date, divided
- 1/3 cup organic blueberries
- 6 medium organic strawberries with greens
- 1/2 cup young thai coconut meat
- 3 tbsp raw almond milk (or liquid of choice)
- Thoroughly rinse your berries and pat dry.
- Blend the strawberries, 1/2 medjool date, and 1 tbs of almond milk. Layer into your popsicle mold and set into your freezer. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before adding the next layer.
- Wash your blender throughly, and blend in the coconut meat and 1 tbsp almond milk. Remove your popsicle mold from the freezer. Layer into your popsicle mold and set into your freezer. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes before adding the next layer.
- Rinse your blender again, and add the remaining 1/2 of your date, blueberries and almond milk. Remove your mold from the freezer, and add in the remaining layer, plus the topper to the mold/popsicle stick.
- Place your popsicles in the freezer and allow it to sit for 30 minutes-1 hour to be sure it is frozen through.