A simple and healthy treat to satisfy your sweet tooth on days that you need that fix!
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven, and they always make the best desserts to me! Instead of going out for some frozen yogurt, my parents agreed to stay home one night and try a healthy treat I would whip together for them. They expected some banana ice cream as I always make in place of frozen yogurt/ice creams, but I decided to try something new.
Bananas, chocolate, peanut butter….YES! This tastes like a sinful dessert but it is actually a sinless treat! All you need is a frozen banana, a raw nut butter of choice OR maybe even some date paste if you have a little extra time on your hands, and any toppings you think would pair well. Smear your nut butter on the banana, top it off with things like coconut, granola, hemp seeds, etc., and let it sit in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Take it out, slice it, drizzle it with some healthy chocolate sauce and you’re good to go.
For my healthy chocolate sauce, I mixed some coconut oil into raw cacao powder until the desired consistency was reached. You can add stevia or sweetener of choice in it as well, but I think it isn’t necessary as the bananas and peanut butter already have a sweet flavor that balances it out.
What will you use for your healthy banana bites? I would love to see your sweet treats and hear your ideas! Make sure you share below and/or tag me on Instagram #sweetsimplevegan so that I can see all of your lovely creations! Enjoy xx
- 1 banana, frozen
- 2 tbs almond butter (or date paste to keep it low fat)
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ tbsp flax seed meal
- ½ tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
- Coconut oil, melted
- Place the banana on a small lined baking sheet, or plate. Spread nut butter over the banana until completely covered.
- Sprinkle on the toppings and place into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While freezing, mix the coconut oil into the cacao powder until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the banana from the freezer, and slice into rounds. Arrange onto a plate and drizzle with chocolate.