There is a giant bush of rosemary in my garden that I am sad to say I do not often make use of, but man oh man, this recipe is going to make our rosemary bush barren…
I used all of the vegetables I had in my fridge, and the only thing that I will change the next time I make these is that I will add zucchini or eggplant, or both. They would pair perfectly with the combo I used, and I love love love rosemary and those two veggies in dishes.
This is perfect for barbecues with the family, as a side dish, atop a salad, or even a go-to recipe when you want to create an impressive meal for guests but don’t want to put too much time into it.
Customize this dish as you please in regards to the variety of vegetables used, as well as by your preference of the addition of any seasonings, oils and salt. The one thing I will say is a MUST is that you need to make a hole in the vegetables you are skewing BEFORE adding the rosemary, and push the rosemary through the direction of its leaves to prevent all of it from flying off. I poked through the vegetables with a chopstick before I ran them through the rosemary and realized that this is the only way to do it. If you just put the rosemary directly in, it won’t work well, and you will just have the stem left with no leaves on it. Also, add the mushrooms on last, as they break easily and did not cooperate well with any breaking of its skin when raw. You have to be really gentle, but your efforts will be totally worth it in the end.
Have fun with this, make it with or for those that you love, and enjoy!Print
Roasted Vegetables on Rosemary Skewers
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Entree, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 10-12 fresh sprigs of rosemary, at least 5″ long
- 5 baby white potatoes
- 10 mini heirloom tomatoes
- 3 white mushrooms
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/2 medium white onion
- Seasonings of choice: I used garlic powder and black pepper
- 1 chopstick or thick stick
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet.
- Wash your vegetables and rosemary sprigs.
- Cut the vegetables into pieces of relatively the same size. I cut the potatoes into fours, the tomatoes in half, the mushrooms into fours, and the bell pepper and onion into uniform square pieces of relative size to the other vegetables. Feel free to omit/add vegetables as you prefer.
- Run the chopstick through your vegetables (slowly) so that you have a hole to run the rosemary through.
- Skew the vegetables onto your rosemary through the holes you made in the SAME direction as the leaves go. Vary the vegetables in any order of your choice. For mine, I did 1 piece of each veggies for each skewer.
- Place on lined sheet and add seasonings to taste.
- Roast in the oven, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 10 minutes.
Alternatively, you could grill these or cook them in a pan.