I have been making granola every single week for my family and I, and since I am doing my #acaitreat shares on Instagram, I decided to do an ACAI granola. Sounds delicious, doesn’t it?! Granola is always assumed to be flavored with honey or sugar, and cinnamon, with some dried fruit and nuts. Thats it. But granola is so much more than that! It is your chance to throw all of the yummy ingredients you love together in one dish and make it a creation of your own. You can add any nuts, seeds, grains, spices/seasonings, dried fruits or even veggies (yes, I have seen granola with kale!), and any sweetener of choice. It is so fun to make granola recipes, and you can even make it a family fun activity. I always ask my parents what flavors they liked and disliked, what they would like to try, and simply what they want for their granola of the week.
Not only did I add depth in flavor to the granola with the acai, but I also bumped up its nutritional benefits with it and the addition of superfoods: goji berries, chia seeds, flax seeds, cacao, coconut and quinoa. Quinoa, in granola?! Yes yes yes. The nuttiness of its flavor is perfect, and I am so disappointed in myself that I had not added it to my previous recipes! It is a must from now on.
- High levels of essential oils, nutrients and vitamins that are good for the heart.
- Anti-bacterial properties that can protect you from harmful organisms that can cause infections and diseases.
- Pro-biotic properties and dietary fiber that will help promote your digestive health.
- Anti-allergy properties that will protect you from common allergies.
- Vitamin C, which is a great defense against common illnesses and cancer.
- Nutrients and vitamins that help improve one’s mental function.
- Energy-boosting properties that will help you get through the day.
- Complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains.
- Iron, an important aspect of a vegan diet!
- Lysine, essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Magnesium, which provides health benefits that include transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- Riboflavin (B2), which improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
- Manganese, an antioxidant.
If you do not have Acai, or access to the ingredient, try blended berries. You can use any combination of berries, or a single berry like blueberries or strawberries. It will in fact yield a flavor different than that of mine, but hey, its your granola, you’re the chef here! Experiment, and have fun with this. And most importantly, share it with those you love once you have finished because I promise you that everyone will enjoy it.Print
Superfood Acai Quinoa Granola (GF)
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 24 mins
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2/3 cup Sambazon Acai “The Original” juice
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raw goji berries
- 2 tbs raw coconut butter
- 2 tbs raw quinoa
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs flax seeds
- 1 tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbs cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 medjool dates (optional) or any desired sweetener
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir together all of your ingredients except the acai, goji berries, coconut butter and medjool dates.
- Blend together the acai, coconut butter and optional medjool dates.
- Throughly stir all ingredients together, then spread out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 24 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow it to cool, then mix in goji berries.